1. The U.S. Coast Guard Visual Information (CGVI) Server is provided as a public
service by the Office of Director of Governmental and Public Affairs.
2. Information presented on the U.S. Coast Guard Visual Information Server is considered public information (except where noted for government and military users logged into restricted areas) and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. This system and all other USCGICSs are subject to monitoring for management of the system, protection against unauthorized access, and verification of security procedures. Unauthorized use of this system may subject you to criminal prosecution and penalties. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
4. For further policy information concerning this notice, contact the Coast
Guard Imagery Branch, Director of Governmental and Public Affairs:(202) 372-4615
5. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
6. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
7. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
8. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
9. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the information presented here, please forward them to the Coast Guard Visual Imagery Web Administrator lim.gcsu@ivgc